Announcements for Tuesday, November 28th, 2023
- JBB will be held on Saturday, December 2nd @ Oak Forest Elementary 7:30 P.M. to 11:00 PM. Tickets will be on sale during lunch starting Monday, November 27th. $15 for a single ticket and $25 for a couple.
- There will be a Key Club meeting this Thursday at 7:45 and 3:45 in Mrs. Gau’s room 504.Please make plans to attend!
- The Vidor High School Band is hosting a monetary donation drive to benefit Heartbeats of Hope. Each year, Heartbeats of Hope will provide funds for our childhood cancer families to give Christmas gifts to each child in their family. They are ALL in the fight, and are ALL affected by their battle or that of a sibling. The VHS Band will be collecting monetary donations from Monday November 27 until Friday December 15 to help support Heartbeats of Hope. Donations will be taken daily in the VHS band hall. Donations may be made at each of the VISD band winter concerts.
- Seniors: Don’t forget to order your class roster shirt for the class of 2024 through a link in your google classroom. Orders are available until Christmas break. Make sure to get yours ordered so you don’t miss out.
- Hope Squad members: There will be a Hope Squad meeting tomorrow morning at 7:45 in the library. If you are unable to attend the meeting please go by the counselor's office for information from the meeting.
- Students and faculty: don’t forget to stop by the front entrance on cold days and see Mrs. Hester for some yummy and hot Hot Cocoa on cold days to help thaw you out. Each cup is a buck and steaming hot with yummy marshmallows.
- The Pirate Players will be performing our fall show, Blithe Spirit this weekend. We have two show options, Friday, December 1st at 7:00 and a Saturday matinee, December 2nd at 2:00. Tickets are $5 and are available at the door. Come out and support your Pirate Players!
- Fun Food Friday is this Friday, December 1st. Food choices are as follows:
The Senior Class will be selling a combo of chips, queso, and salsa for $5 / Cotton Candy for $2/ drinks for $1.
Key Club will be selling Raising Canes for $10
Student Council will be selling Panda Express for $10
First Priority will have Crumbl Cookies and the Library will be selling a variety of snacks and drinks.
Don’t forget to ask mom and dad for extra lunch money on Friday.
- Reminder: If you owe seat time, it must be completed by December 21st. Here are the times and places to make up your time:
Every morning before school - 7am - 8am in room 607
During your lunch in room 606
After school, Monday thru Thursday - 4pm - 5pm in the small cafeteria
Saturdays - 8am - 12pm in the small cafeteria.
Make sure you sign in for your seat time, or it will not count. Do not wait until the last minute to complete your time. If you have any questions, please see a grade level secretary or an Assistant Principal.
THOUGHT OF THE DAY: “It is only when we take chances, when our lives improve. The initial and the most difficult risk that we need to take is to become honest. —Walter Anderson
MENU: Beef Crunchy Taco or Fajita Chicken Taco, Refried Beans, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Salsa, and Shredded Cheese